Pope Francis Bobblehead
Jorge Mario Bergoglio was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina and was one of five children born to Italian immigrants. In his youth, he studied philosophy at the Catholic University of Buenos Aires and also earned a master’s degree in Chemistry from the University of Buenos Aires.
On February 28th, 2013 Pope Benedict XVI resigned. At the age of 76, Cardinal Bergoglio was elected as the 266th Pope during the Papal Conclave. In honor of the Catholic friar, Francis of Assisi and because of his devotion to the poor, he chose his papal name as Francis.
He is the first Pope to ever choose that name. Even as the most influential person in the Catholic religion, Pope Francis is referred to as having a “no frills” papacy, an example of which is clear in his living quarters. The Pope lives in the Domus Sanctae Marthae guesthouse instead of the finer Apostolic Palace, home to his predecessors. His cassocks are without embellishments and he wears the same silver pectoral cross as he did as a Cardinal instead of the gold one reserved for the Pope.
He considers assisting the poor to be an essential part of Christianity.
- The only official Pope Francis Bobblehead for the Pope’s US visit
- As seen on Wall St Journal, Washington Post, USA Today, CBS, CNN
- Our highly collectible bobblehead stands at over 8” tall and is made from high quality heavyweight polyresin.
- Comes complete with a colorful, printed collector’s box and molded Styrofoam inner protection to keep your bobblehead safe and protected.
- Each Royal Bobble comes with it’s own unique serial number located on the bottom of the base to indicate Authenticity